Ashwagandha Powder Uses
Ashwagandha is a very well known Rasayana (helps in increasing lifespan) as per Ayurveda.
Latin Name: Withania Somnifera
Synonyms: Ashwagandha,Varada, Balada, Kusthgandhini, Turagihaypriya, Vrusha.
Ashwagandha plant height is 0.5 to 2 meters.
Origin: All over India and in the Himalayas. Very famous in Madhya Pradesh state in India for commercial cultivation of Ashwagandha.
Medicinal part: Roots and leaves of Ashwagandha.
External use of Ashwagandha:
- In Ayurveda, Ashwagandha is Anti-inflammatory, Painkiller, Ashwagandha Leaf, and Roots application is useful in Goiter and Gland inflammation.
- Massage of Ashwagandha Mulsiddhi Oil on the body is helpful in Vaat vyadhi and Dourbalya (debility).
- Ashwagandha Mashi ( Ash form of Ashwagandha) with Oil application on the skin is useful in Shwitra Kustha (VItiligo).
Internal use of Ashwagandha
- Internal Ashwagandha has a property of Wormicidal due to its Tikta ras and Ushna virya.
- Ashwagandha mashi is useful in Tamka Shwas (Asthma).
- Ashwagandha helps in blood purification, reduction in Inflammation & blood pressure.
- Ashwagandha is beneficial in Anidra (Insomnia). Due to its sleep-inducing property, it is known as Somnifera.
- Due to Madhur ras tikta vipak and ushna virya, Ashwagandha is shukra vardhak (sperm count increase) hence it is very good in Vajikaran (aphrodisiacs). This is major benefit of Ahswagandga over shatavari.
- Ashwagantha decoction + Bakuch is beneficial in Shwitra Kustha (Vitiligo).
- Ashwagandha siddhi Milk + Sugar is useful in Shwet Pradar (Blennenteria) and Vataj Yoni diseases.
- Ashwagandha is also known as a natural diuretic.
Rasayan (obtaining the optimum nourishment)
- Due to its balya, bruhan and rasayan property, it helps in improving ras, mas & shukra dhatu hence it is supreme rasayan in Ayurveda. Due to tikta ras it also helps in agni dipan (improves digestion).
Ashwagandha, various Kalpa:
Ashwagandhidi Churna, Ashwagandha rasayan, Ashwagndha grit, Ashwagandhaistha, Ashwagandhadikwath (decoction), Ashwagandhawleh.
General use of Ashwagandha.
- For dhatu pusti Ashwagandha powder with milk should be taken.
- For dhatu khshya Ashwagandha powder, grita with honey.
- In Anidra (Insomia) Ashwagandha kalps are useful.